VOP CZ, s.p., is a company with a long tradition of military and engineering production. In 1946, military repair shop 025 was established in Šenov u Nového Jičína, which focused only on the repair of military equipment. Over time, the possibilities of the company extended to military production. In the nineties, company gradually introduced civil engineering production. The last period was characterized by expansion of production capacity and technological capability, when the company merged with the VOP-026 Šternberk and incorporated research institutes VTÚPV Vyškov, VTÚVM Slavičín and VTÚO Brno. In 2012, the company changed its name to the VOP CZ, s.p.
Thanks to the long-term development and investment by the company in the areas of technology, human resources and production capacities, the VOP CZ, s.p. is now the largest military company in the country. In the field of civil engineering production is a recognized partner in terms of construction machinery, handling equipment and parts of investment units.
- 1946 – beginning of VOP 025 (Nový Jičín)‘s history
- 1951 – beginning of VOP-026 (Šternberk)‘s history
- 1989 – establishment of both the state-owned companies
- 1994 – re-structuring of company, establishment of Engineering Production
- 2010 – consolidation into one company under the name of VOP-026 Šternberk, s.p.
- 2012 - new company name VOP CZ. s.p.
- 2013 - separation locations Slavičín, Vyškov and VTÚO Brno, sales location Šternberk